LOCATION: Maliotis Cultural Center in Brookline, MA
SATURDAY, MARCH 8th
- 3:00pm — 5:30pm — Private Masterclasses for BFA Students with Sir James Galway and Lady Jeanne Galway
- 5:30pm — Dinner for BFA Students & Faculty
- 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. — Exhibits with Nagahara Flutes and Wm. S. Haynes Co.
- 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. — PUBLIC CONCERT featuring Sir James Galway, Lady Galway, and three BFA Young Artists. The Galways and pianist Deborah DeWolf Emery performed works by:
- Concert presented BFA Young Artists and honorary alum soloists: Elizabeth Sperry, Brendan Ryan, and Emi Ferguson.
- A quartet of BFA students in grades 6 to 11 performed Debussy. A grand ensemble of 40 flutists from the BFA Ensemble & Seminar program closed off the evening!
SUNDAY, MARCH 9th
- 8:45 – 9:45 a.m. — Exhibits by Boston-area flutemakers and flute vendors (see list below)
- 9:45 – 10:45 a.m. — Warmup session for all flutists with Sir James Galway.
- 11:00 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. — Masterclass with Sir James Galway
- 11:00 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. — Masterclass with Lady Jeanne Galway
- 1:15 – 2:45 p.m. — Lunch break. Exhibitors in the lobby of the Maliotis Center.
- 2:45 – 5:00 p.m. — Masterclass with Sir James Galway
- 2:45 – 4:45 p.m. — Masterclass with Lady Jeanne Galway
- 5:00 – 5:45 p.m. — Q & A session with the Galways
- 5:45 – 6:00 p.m. — Closing festivities. Prize drawing. All flutists played The Swan by Saint-Saëns, led by Sir James Galway.
- 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. — More exhibits!
- Brannen Flutes
- Burkart Flutes
- Keefe Piccolos
- Levit Flutes
- Nagahara Flutes
- New England Flute Shop
- Powell Flutes
- S. Kotel Flutes
- Wm. S. Haynes Co.
- Yesterday Sheet Music Service
- Emmanuel Flutes
Many thanks to Nagahara Flutes and Wm. S. Haynes Co. for their generous sponsorship of this event.
BFA expresses heartfelt thank you to Sir James and Lady Jeanne Galway for their gracious visit to our school.
You must be logged in to post a comment.