Meet the 2011-2012 Repertory Ensemble & Seminar Class!
- Coach: Judy Grant
- Teaching Assistants: Ceylon Mitchell and Nicholas Fitton
- Weekly practice recitals (optional): 12:30-1:00pm
- Class day/time: Sundays, 1:00-2:30pm
- Location: Maliotis Cultural Center
- Student ages: grades 7-12
- Fall semester ensemble repertoire performed: Boismortier Concerto in a minor, “Spirit of Ink” by Hovhaness
- Fall term highlights: masterclass with Cynthia Meyers (BSO solo piccol0), masterclass with David Houston, masterclass with Judy Grant, warmup techniques workshop with Ceylon Mitchell, weekly exposure to semi-professional playing by college flute performance majors, mock auditions for districts, student-led presentations, introduction to extended techniques, tone development, ensemble skills, public speaking, and introductions to piccolo, alto, and bass flutes
Spring term begins first weekend of February 2012. Sign up for auditions here!
You must be logged in to post a comment.