Sarah Shin is native of Ames, Iowa, where started playing flute at age 9. She then moved to Natick, Massachusetts, where she attended Walnut Hill High School, a local arts school. There, she studied with Judy Grant, founder of Boston Flute Academy. Ms. Shin was principal flutist of the Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra, where she performed in Symphony Hall and played with famous cellist Yo-Yo Ma. She then went on to Carngie Mellon University, class of 2012, and began studying under Jeanne Baxtresser and Alberto Almarza. She has attended music festivals such as Interlochen (with a full scholarship), Northwestern High School Music Institute, ARIA Music Festival, and Colorado College Chamber Music Festival. In college, Ms. Shin has played as a featured soloist with the Carnegie Mellon Wind Ensemble, and was one of the founders of the Carnegie Mellon Flute Quartet.
Follow us on Facebook!
- fb.me/sy3ZVtVE 11 months ago
- Newly discovered Flute Concerto by Mozart, perhaps written at the age of 21 for flutist Johann Baptist Wendling…. fb.me/7lsEcklmA 11 months ago
- Congrats to BFA flute students who won excellent positions in MA Senior Districts auditions — Principal Flute in… fb.me/7WuFwPEHf 11 months ago
- Congratulations to Ina Suresh, the BFA flute student chosen to open our 4pm Recital today with Berlin… fb.me/8s4vDZCdF 12 months ago
- BFA hosts Berlin Philharmonic Principal Flute Mathieu Dufour in special event today 4pm-6pm. This Recital &… fb.me/855Bi8uma 12 months ago