Sunday’s March 23rd performance by The Los Angeles Philharmonic marked the orchestra’s first appearance in Boston in 34years! Conducted by Gustavo Dudamel and presented by the Celebrity Series of Boston, The LA Phil performed to standing ovations from a sold out crowd in Boston’s historic Symphony Hall.
On Tuesday March 25th, The LA Phil Associate Principal Flute Catherine Ransom Karoly visited Boston Flute Academy to perform and teach while she was in town. BFA thanks Burkart Flutes and Piccolos for making this special event possible. Ms Karoly’s stunning recital was met with a standing ovation! A list of masterclass performers, event repertoire and schedule is below.
Catherine Ransom Karoly Masterclass and Recital
Tuesday, March 25th, 2014 – Schedule:
- 4:00pm Burkart Flutes and Piccolos Exhibit
- 4:30pm Masterclass — Amy Lipman — Karg-Elert Sonata Appassionata
- 5:00pm Masterclass — Bradley Joshowitz — Orchestral Excerpts: Stravinsky Petrouchka, Bartok Concerto for Orchestra, Brahms 4, and Stravinsky Chant du Rossignol.
- 5:30pm Burkart Flutes and Piccolos Exhibit
- 6:00pm Masterclass — Katie Scholl — Bach Sonata in e minor; Hindemith Symphonic Metamorphosis
- 6:30pm Masterclass — Elizabeth Sperry — Khachaturian Concerto; Mendelssohn Scherzo
- 7:00-7:30pm Catherine Ransom Karoly Flute Recital with Deborah DeWolf Emery, piano. Recital repertoire: Debussy Syrinx and Widor Suite for flute & piano.
Event was FREE and open to public.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event was held at BFA:
Maliotis Cultural Center
50 Goddard Ave
Brookline, MA 02445