THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION AS WE CONTINUE TO ARCHIVE AND DOCUMENT PAST CLASS INFORMATION
Meet the 2011-2012 Preparatory Ensemble & Seminar class!
- Coach: Judy Grant
- Teaching Assistants: Ceylon Mitchell and Nicholas Fitton
- Class day/time: Saturdays, 2:00-3:30pm
- Location: Maliotis Cultural Center
- Current student ages: grades 4-10
- Fall semester ensemble repertoire performed: Boismortier Concerto in a minor, “Spirit of Ink” by Hovhaness
- Fall term highlights: masterclass with BSO Solo Piccolo Cynthia Meyers, masterclass with David Houston, masterclasses with Judy Grant, weekly exposure to semi-professional playing by college flute performance majors, joint rehearsals with older students in Repertory Ensemble & Seminar, practice recital, rhythm class, introduction to extended techniques, tone development, ensemble skills, public speaking, and introductions to piccolo, alto, and bass flutes
Spring term begins first weekend of February 2012. Sign up for auditions here!