On Sunday, January 8, 2012, the BFA was delighted to host a masterclass with BSO principal flutist Elizabeth Rowe! It was a wonderful opportunity for the BFA community to hear Ms. Rowe teach and play up close, in a small, intimate setting. The masterclass featured performances by the BFA Young Artists and Conservatory students from the Sunday Studio Class. Ms. Rowe concluded the class performing Gluck’s Dance of the Blessed Spirits. Her playing was stunning, and a special treat for everyone who attended!
The BFA congratulates all of the performers. A special thanks to Ms. Rowe for conducting such an inspiring class!
- Brendan Dooley (Young Artist): Concerto in D Major (Mvt. 1, Exposition), Mozart
- Alexandra Conza (Conservatory Program): Bolero, Ravel
- Elizabeth Sperry (Conservatory Program): Peter and the Wolf, Prokofiev
- Jinji Zhang (Conservatory Program): Symphonic Metamorphosis, Hindemith
- Jamie Park (Conservatory Program): “Domine Deus” from Mass in B Minor, J. S. Bach
- Nicholas Fitton (Young Artist): Concerto in G Major (Mvt. 1 Exposition), Mozart
- Elizabeth Rowe: Dance of the Blessed Spirits, Gluck